Review for Fehlfarben – ?0?? – Album – 2022
Country of Origin: Germany
Label: Tapete Records
Release Date: Oct. 14, 2022
Genre: Post-Punk, Post-Rock
At qobuz available in Hi-res
24 Bits / 44.1 kHz, Stereo
For the German translation of
this review >>> click here <<<
In 1980, German post-punk legend FEHLFARBEN released the groundbreaking album „Monarchie und Alltag“ (Monarchy and Everyday Life).
Now, a whole bag of albums and 42 years later the album „?0??“ is released. No act in this country is putting the finger so stylishly on the little shitty wounds of our former affluent society and then briefly turns the finger a little deeper in wound.
Peter Hein, the singer of Fehlfarben was born in the same year as me: 1957. We have gray hair, but we will never belong to the shitty generation of the old gray gentlemen.
But f*ck it, together with Peter Hein, Fehlfarben and ?022 we’re going to take the bull by the balls again.
Paul is not dead, my ass.
Recommended track: „Kontrollorgan“
The new album of Fehlfarben is fantastic and very close to the pulse of time, just as it was in 1980.
The album is in hi-res format with 24 bits / 44.1 kHz and sounds very good over the entire sound spectrum.
see text Maximum Score: 5 Stars
Listen to it
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):