Review for Return of the Jaded – Kontinuum – Single – 2023
Artist: Return of the Jaded / Tania Zygar
Country of Origin: Canada
Format: Single, Stream, Download
Genre: Progressive House
Label: Purified Records
Release Date: Apr. 07-2023
2 Tracks – 10m 21s
At qobuz available in Lossless
16 Bits / 44.1 kHz | CD-Quality
For the German translation
please >> click here <<<
After his great remix of „I Still Think Of You“ by Crimsen and Jordan Arts last year, the Canadian producer RETURN OF THE JADED is back on Purified Records with his powerful track „KONTINUUM“.
RETURN OF THE JADED’s latest 2-Track release takes the listener on an fascinating journey through his irresistible sonic universe and provides us with an instant dose of high energy. Combining driving bass, striking synths and Tania Zygar’s mesmerizing vocals, KONTINUUM shows its distinctive musical fluidity. Along with previous releases „The Way I Feel“, „Soma“ and „Taiga“, this latest Purified Records release will captivate listeners all over world.
Known around the world for his powerful and virtuosic productions, Canadian producer RETURN OF THE JADED delivers house sounds that represent the highest sonic quality and his own unique musical vision, finely flavored with a touch of nostalgia and a loving nod to the rave culture.
ROTJ has made an impact with superstars, tastemakers and underground enthusiasts alike, with support from Pete Tong, Nora En Pure, Afrojack, Alesso, Noizu and others. His tracks have made it to #1 on the Beatport charts more than 8 times and have been released on labels such as Purified, Techne, Repopulate Mars, Spinnin‘ Deep, Sink or Swim and many more.
The Bottom Line
With KONTINUUM, both in the original and in the extended mix, RETURN OF THE JADED takes us into his own highly interesting musical continuum, where he brings us truly astounding sounds – Amazing music non-stop!
The fantastic vocals of Canadian Tania Zygar are also opening a nice little wormhole into the musical past. KONTINUUM reminds us a bit of the classic house sounds of the 80s, when Frankie Knuckes – the godfather of house sound – was experimenting at the DJ booth in Chicago’s Warehouse. But KONTINUUM always has its finger on the pulse of time.
This 2-track single is available in a lossless 16-bit / 44.1 kHz format. Sure, there is a little more in terms of sound with 24-bit hi-res, but this production is flawless across the entire frequency range.
The BottomLine (Max. 5 Out of 5 Stars)
Listen to the Single & Buy it…
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):