Review for Rezident – Inner Circle – 2023
Country of Origin: Germany, Karlsruhe
Title: Inner Circle
Format: 4-Track EP, Stream
Label: Purified Records
Release Date: 27.001.2023
Genre: Electronica, Progressive House
4 Tracks • 20m 10s
At qobuz available in Lossless
16 Bits / 44.1 kHz | CD-Quality
For the German translation of
this review >>> click here <<<
When it comes to house, electro, techno or dance music as a whole, there is a certain sweet spot where a melody can be played well on a hazy dancefloor on the one hand, and on the other hand can there be received a spiritual mantra in a recurring loop that can be used to build a unique bridge between partying on the dancefloor and a contemplative relaxing energy.
Rezident, the project of the rising 23-year-old producer David Roif from Karlsruhe in southern Baden-Württemberg, Germany, shows that electronic music works best when these two realms are intertwined. He states that he was influenced by Deadmau5 when he was growing up, and takes his cues from progressive role models like Bicep.
Similar to his peers growing up in the technologically accessible 2010s, Rezident downloaded various music programs onto his Windows PC laptop at the age of 12 to compose his own tunes after listening to a ringtone his sister’s friend had composed on her Nokia phone.
Rezident also gained experience with production techniques such as layering and streamlining, and also learned when to step away from a track for a while to gain creative distance in the composition process.
Today, his small but distinguished discography is filled with moments when reverberating chords with deep house accents swing in and out, only to be broken up again by sharp hi-hats and occasional high-frequency sound spikes. Such moments mark Rezident’s desire for a more minimalist, honest approach to production that contrasts with his earlier beats, which he himself describes as „commercial.“
The Bottom Line
INNER CIRCLE is Rezident’s second release on the Nora En Pure label Purified Records, following 2022’s HUNTER release. Rezident’s work fits excellently into the Purified portfolio and is a real valuable addition to the label. The 4-track EP contains the two tracks Inner Circle and Morning Gate each in the original and extended mix. The whole thing comes along in 16 bit / 44.1 kHz format (Lossless, CD quality) and sounds very good over the entire frequency spectrum.
The Bottom Line (max. 5 out of 5 stars)
Listen and Buy
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):
0 thoughts on “Rezident – Inner Circle – Brilliant EP – 2023”