Review for Joyce Muniz – Zeitkapsel – Album – 2023
Artist: Joyce Muniz
Country of Origin: Germany, Berlin
Title: Zeitkapsel (Time Casule)
Format: Single, Stream, Download
Genre: EBM, Electronica
Label: Joyce Muniz Music/The Orchard
Release Date: 14. April 2023
12 Tracks • 41m 33s
At qobuz available in Lossless
16 Bits / 44.1 kHz | CD-Quality
For the German translation
please >>> click here <<<
On April 14, 2023 the digital distributor „The Orchard“ has released the new album ZEITKAPSEL (Time Capsule) by Joyce Muniz. The second album by Joyce is available in 16bit/44.1kHz (Lossless/CD quality) on all known streaming platforms and official download platforms.
On her second album titled „ZEITKAPSEL“ Joyce Muniz deals with her existence as a queer woman with a Latin American background. The mixture of numerous musical influences and relics from Joyce’s musical past, whose common thread has always been electronic music, has resulted in a highly varied and intoxicating club album.
Thus, the album features driving electro-house tracks, sensual electronic funk, drum’n’bass and trip-hop inspired tracks as well as dark EBM hints. 80s synths and hip-hop beats round off the album, and the collaborations with various guest singers give Joyce Muniz’s new album a particularly spicy note.
The story of Joyce Muniz reads like no other. She was born in São Paulo into a family deeply rooted in shamanism and samba. In the nineties, she moved to Vienna, where she began singing and later DJing.
She now lives in Berlin and has worked with many important producers. She was Resident DJ on FM4 and Rinse FM and has released on labels such as Get Physical, Permanent Vacation, Pets, International DJ Gigolo and Exploited.
The Bottom Line
There are not many productions in the field of modern dance music that make you so curious about the upcoming album already when listening to the first pre-release singles. Now that it is finally available, I can only state with astonishment that ZEITKAPSEL by Joyce Muniz is extremely enjoyable both on the dance floors of the metropolitan clubs or with high-quality headphones on the ears and on the high-end system at home.
The album is available in 16 bit/44.1 kHz, and more would certainly be possible in terms of sound – but ZEITKAPSEL sounds very good in the Lossless version over the entire frequency range.
The Bottom Line (Max. 5 out of 5 Stars)
Listen to the Album & Buy it
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):