Review for Wolf Alice – ARTE Concert Festival 2022
Artist: Wolf Alice
Country of Origin: UK, London
Title: Wolf Alice – ARTE Concert Festival 2022
Location: Gaîté Lyrique, Paris
Recorded: November 4, 2022
Genre: Alternative Rock
Platform: ARTE Concert via YouTube
Picture Quality: 1080p
Length: 73 Minutes
Wolf Alice: Blue Weekend
For the German translation of
this review >>> click here <<<
Wolf Alice – what a band! What a great live band. What great two-part guitar work, what a great bass/drums rhythm section. And Ellie Roswell – what a powerful vocal organ, what a great guitarist. In short, what an incredibly expressive frontwoman.
Wolf Alice has been rocking the British charts since 2015. Led by singer Ellie Rowsell, the band sails in sometimes calm, sometimes wild indie rock waters. Music on the borderline, which only finds its full meaning live: Wolf Alice was even voted „Best Live Band“ by the renowned British magazine NME in 2016.
The band consists of Ellie Rowsell (vocals and guitar), Joff Oddie on guitar, Theo Ellis on bass and Joel Amey on drums. Together, the four Brits have hit right in the heart of the Anglo-Saxon audience and critics.
Their first album „My Love Is Cool“ was nominated for many prestigious awards in the UK and the US: Brit Awards, Mercury Prize, Grammy…. So Wolf Alice took the rest of the world by storm. Their almost two-year world tour, which took them to Europe, Australia and Japan, played a very significant role in Wolf Alice’s meteoric success.
Following this explosive debut, Wolf Alice released the albums Visions of a Life and 2022 Blue Weekend in 2017. In front of an already conquered audience, they plays the full range of his discography at Gaîté Lyrique!
Concert filmed on November 4, 2022 at Gaite Lyrique, Paris.
Organizing partners: ARTE Concert, La Blogotheque, La Gaite Lyrique
Media partners: France Inter, Les Inrockuptibles, Le Bonbon, Dice
Listen or Buy the Album
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):