Sneak Preview for ANASTASiiA – Obsidian – 2 Track Single – 2022
Country of Origin: Ukraine / USA
Format: 2 Track Single
Label: Big Toys Production
Release Date: Oct. 21, 2022
Label: Big Toys Production
2 Tracks • 09m 23s
At qobuz available in Lossless
16 Bits / 44.1 kHz | CD-Quality
For the German translation of
this review >>> click here <<<
On Friday, 21.10.2022 ANASTASiiA has released her new single „Obsidian“ on Big Toys Production. Both the original mix and the extended mix are released, the single is available on all known download and streaming platforms.
ANASTASiiA says about her new single: “I am very happy that after three months I can present you my new single “Obsidian” as original and extended mix. Obsidian is the start of a slightly different new music direction for me. Compared to what I have released so far, it now goes a bit further in the direction of darker, slightly melancholic, trance-influenced sounds, which I let drift towards the dancefloor with hard TechHouse beats. But you will still be able to hear my well-known sound signatures, quasi my musical trademark. In 2023, my sound will get a bit harder and darker. So stay tuned.”
II can agree with ANASTASiiA on this. Obsidian sounds more focused, compact and gets to the point faster. But ANASTASiiA’s trademark, the repetitive tempos and harmony changes, are still present and provide the high recognition value. ANASTASiiA sounds a bit more like Nora En Pure, but more compact and straightforward and not with the known epic breadth of Nora En Pure.
So she actually fits perfectly into the Purified Records Harbor and could set one or the other new accent in the Purified cosmos with her sound. Also at the Swiss label “Enormous Tunes”, Nora En Pure’s home label, ANASTASiiA could fit in very well.
And ANASTASIIA’s tempo and harmony changes on “Obsidian” drive a pleasant shiver up and down my spine, as they have done ever since.
A word about Big Toys Production, that “Obsidian” has released. Similar to Adorma Records and also the otherwise quite fit Ibiza label “Gimmick Records” regularly mess up the covers of their artists with strange design and oversized logos on the cover. Please realize that a noble individual cover design is the first signboard of the artist and should not be messed up with strange designs and oversized label logos. You can also create a corporate identity perfectly in another way. I can gladly advise you.
The Bottom Line
Description see text
Maximum score: 5 stars
Studio 1 (High End):
- 2 x System Audio SA Mantra 50 (front)
- 1x System Audio SA Mantra 10 AV (center)
- 2x System Audio SA Legend 5 (Rear)
- 1 x System Audio Saxo 10 (Subwoofer)
- 4 x Onkyo SKH-410 (B) (Dolby Atmos)
- Auralic Altair (Audio Streaming Client mit max. 32 Bit / 384 kHz)
- NVIDIA Shield Pro mit Plex, Kodi (max 192 kHz für Audio, Tidal (MQA Streaming Client)
- AppleTV 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Amazon Cube 4K (Streaming Client) Dolby Atmos (restricted), HDR, Dolby Vision
- Panasonic DP-UB9004 (4K UHD Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Oppo UDP-203 (4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Player) Dolby Atmos, HDR, Dolby Vision
- Yamaha CX-A5100 (Preamp) 4K, Dolby Atmos, Hi-res
- Yamaha MX -A5000 (Power Amp)
- Sony KD-55A1 (TV) 4K OLED, HDR, Dolby Vision
Studio 2 (Near Field): Studio 3 (Consumer):
Studio 2 (Near Field):
Studio 3 (Consumer):